Monday, May 12, 2008

Core 77 Review

So Core 77 is definitely a website with a lot to offer, but a little challenging to navigate. There seems to be some mcuh to look at all the time, you would have to constantly be checking back in order to get updated on everything. So the fist blog title that I could fully comprehend and caught my interest was on Concrete Tableware (4/30/08). Although it doesn;t have a ton to do with web design, or even the design I'm necessarily looking inot, it was definitely something that caught my eye. It shouws how innovative design are, and need to be, in order to come up with new idea that will be orginal, effective and make use of an resource not tapped into yet.
I was also intrigued that the blog article imeediately following this one was on an Art Exhibition; and the one even after that was one a new furniture manufacturing facility. Now as much as I understand the chronological purpose of a blog, it was a little overwhelming to have to jump through topic that weren't completely displayed on the page and had almost nothing to do with eachother except they were about design. Anyway, the art exhibition was for the artist Ettore Sottsass and I would have really likeed to go see it, given more time. It sounded like she was featuring many interesting design pieces, furniture and others, that would be something that would only enhance my design education. Thus I have decided that, although schoolwork is important and I should do well in it, I need to focus more on whats going on in the outside world of design as to better my prepare and educate myself.

No comments: